Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lección 3: Repaso de vocabulario de la casa























Mi casa es su casa

This lesson is for the purpose of reviewing our vocabulary to describe a house and all the basic furniture inside each room. There's a lot of useful vocab words that take some practice to memorize. One of the best ways to memorize these words is to put them in context of real life situations. In this case, you will see them inside the house which is the best way to remember them; where they belong in each room and what they look like. Once you know the basic "House Vocabulary", you will be able to describe your own home in Spanish as well as your dream house for the future. 


Step One: View the following Powerpoint. Become familiar with the different rooms and what type of furniture you find in each one. 


Step Two: Click on the following Link to play the Challenge Board based on the PowerPoint. 


Challenge Board


Step Three: Click on this following link to practice the CLOZE activity, which involves filling in the blank with the correct answer from the drop box.


La Casa de Susan


Step Four: Now you will need to answer the essay question with a short paragraph. Just follow the instructions, which will be in both Spanish and English. 


Quiz: Casa Ideal


Step Five: After completing the activities please post a comment below explaining why you liked or disliked any of the exercises. 


8 comments:

  1. I really liked the exercises overall, except for the last one. I enjoyed how it helped with writing, but I wasn't able to get it checked or know if it was right at all. I really liked the fill in the blank the most I think. It made me have to read and understand the sentences in order to pick out the right answer.
    Courtney Callan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of these exercise were a great help. The one I liked the least was the one where you have to guess what they were describing. It was still fun but a little hard. I feel most of these did help overall though. And the fill in the blank makes you have to comprehend and understand what is being said in order to be able to get the right answers. It was a good exercise overall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fill in the blank helped me the most. I actually had to read the text in order to choose the correct noun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one that helped me the most was the fill in. The one that didn't help me was the essay part.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first activity that was kind of like jeopardy. The second activity was helpful for me I like the fill in the blank.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the visuals of the powerpoint, fill in the blank helped me to practice spelling, the multiple choice one was the easiest, but I did not like the written paragraph because it could not be checked.

    -Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fill in was the most helpful. The essay no so much.
    -Francis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked the jeopardy idea behind that one game, i thought it was creative, the only thing i didn't like was that it was hard for me to spell it right even though i knew the correct word, but that also makes me want to learn them more as well, so i think it was pretty effective. The essay was the most boring part, and after knowing the words is kind of pointless because we have gone over describing these things before.-Kathleen Goggans

    ReplyDelete